About Safeco Plaza

In 2005, National Office Partners Limited Partnership (NOP), an investment partnership between Hines and the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS), acquired Safeco Plaza.  The 50-story, 717,130-square-foot Class A office building is located in Seattle's Central Business District on a full-city block at the corner of Fourth Avenue and Madison Street.

Safeco Plaza was developed in 1969 by the Howard S. Wright Construction Company. Designed by Naramore, Bain, Bray, and Johanson, the building is clad in bronze-colored aluminum and glass.  Distinctive building features include:  a two-story lobby; a Henry Moore sculpture titled Three Piece Sculpture:  Vertebrae 1968 located on the plaza and owned by the Seattle Art Museum; and a five-level, 576-car subterranean garage.  Amenities include 15,000 square feet of ground-floor retail comprised of a fitness center, a full-service bank, restaurants, a medical/dental center, a U.S. Post Office and a florist.

Hines sold the property in 2010. In July 2016, Hines was hired to property manage the asset.

View in Google Maps Map showing the location of Safeco Plaza

Address

  • 1001 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, WA

Location

  • Located in heart of Seattle's CBD

Architect

  • Naramore, Bain, Bray, and Johanson

Building Details

  • 717,130 square feet
  • 50 floors
  • 630 feet tall

Contact Info

  • Carly Moorman 206-623-6936

Major Tenants

  • Safeco Insurance
  • Bank of America
  • Corr Cronin, LLP
  • Fox Rothschild
  • Helsell Fetterman
  • Interior Architects

Sustainability

  • ENERGY STAR 2008
  • LEED Gold 2015
ENERGY STAR LEED Gold