Because of our fully integrated processes brought to every project, Hines is uniquely qualified for envisioning, developing and managing real estate investments with specialized functionality. Our deep expertise in working with design architects and consultants, urban planning, municipal budgets, public/private partnerships, cutting-edge engineering and environmental requirements helps ensure that projects fulfill specialized needs, that budgets and schedules are met and that the resulting facility can be managed efficiently and retain value for the long term.
Arts & Culture
- Hines has successfully managed major arts facility projects from the ground up as well as through adaptive reuse. With our experience in urban development and commitment to community enhancement, we manage complex projects using time-honored development skills in new architecture and historical renovation to create a positive experience for arts patrons and artists alike. Our experts provide guidance on land acquisition, infrastructure improvements and design management to help create architecturally distinctive spaces worthy of presenting great works of art.
- Completed more than 2 million square feet of arts & culture projects
Biotechnology & Medical
- Hines integrates a high standard of functionality, engineering expertise and state-of-the-art design into the development of biotechnology and medical institutions. Structural elements designed for heavy equipment, specialized HVAC filtration, power redundancy and other critical amenities are important to meet the unique needs of these facilities. It is this same emphasis on quality, responsive service and attention to detail in every Hines project that marks the buildings the firm has developed and managed for clients such as Aventis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Corixa, the Food and Drug Administration and major medical institutions.
- Completed more than 3 million square feet of biotechnology and medical projects
- Acquired more than 84,000 square feet of biotechnology and medical projects
- Managed more than 790,000 square feet of biotechnology and medical projects
- Hines brings its broad expertise in large-scale development to the nuances of academic institutions—a product type that demands a deeply diverse level of experience and skill in managing board and staff relationships. From state-of-the-art classrooms, athletic facilities, science labs, technologically advanced auditoriums and more, our attention to the highest level of quality and value for the budget helps ensure more efficient, innovative and aesthetically inspirational buildings.
- Completed close to 950,000 square feet in education projects
- Spaces that offer an escape from everyday life must integrate luxury and architectural distinction with functionality and livability. To meet this need, Hines works with notable architects to bring this integration to life. From major hotels in mixed-use projects to ski villages to country clubs, Hines has been an integral partner in the development or redevelopment of millions of square feet in the hospitality sector in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Hotel partners have included: Westin, Marriott, Hilton, AC, Regent, Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons.
- Completed more than 9 million square feet of hospitality projects; more than 2.4 million square feet underway.
- Acquired more than 2 million square feet of hospitality projects.
- In 2018, Hines launched a high-end, self-storage expansion strategy in the Southwestern United States with a focus on well-populated, high-income suburban areas. Hines is developing the facilities and partnering with professional self-storage operators to manage the portfolio. Projects include: Val Vista & Queen Creek Self-Storage—Gilbert, Arizona | Las Colinas Self-Storage—Irving, Texas | Woodbridge Self-Storage—Wylie, Texas.
- Completed or acquired more than 6,428 self-storage units.
- Outstanding collegiate or national sports facilities require specialized experience in urban development, planning, infrastructure coordination and sequencing with adjacent development projects. Hines tackles complex, public/private projects in a way that helps to ensure a superior product, on-time delivery and attention to budget parameters. Based on the client's specific needs, Hines’ tenured executives and innovative engineers provide professional guidance throughout every project phase.
- Developed the first football stadium, college or professional, to achieve LEED status in the U.S.
- Completed more than 3.7 million square feet of sports projects
- Acquired more than 100,000 square feet of sports projects
New World Center
Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
The O'Quinn Medical Tower at St. Luke's
Grand Hyatt Athens
Las Colinas Self-Storage
University of Minnesota-TCF Bank Stadium
San Diego, CA
1 / 7