Hines European Core Fund (HECF)
Our flagship European Core Fund has delivered for investors
The Hines European Core Fund (HECF) is an income-focused open-ended fund investing in core real estate assets and managing a diversified pan-European portfolio. The fund seeks to generate a sustainable current income from high quality assets while also providing investors with long-term value appreciation.
Billion GAV (fund level)
Total return over 2021 of which 3.0% is income return1
Why Invest with Hines European Core Fund?
Methodical and disciplined approach to market and asset selection
- Research-driven approach targeting supply constrained markets with long-term embedded value
- Focus on office, residential-for-rent, urban logistics, and high street retail
Hyper-local and broad-skilled execution capabilities
- Access to product via dedicated team of 681 professionals across 17 offices in Europe (as of 31 December 2021)
- Priority access to Hines pipeline, supporting off-market deal flow
Hands-on and local approach basis for financial and ESG performance
- Broad network of asset management expertise across Europe, supported by sector specialists in residential, office and logistics
- ESG initiatives supporting value creation and tenant retention
HECF achieved an overall score of 96 out of 100 and 5 out of 5 stars in October 2021, and was awarded Overall Global Sector Leader among Diversified portfolios (out of 340 participants) in the GRESB Benchmark.
HECF was recognized in September 2020 as one of the top property funds in Europe, achieving the MSCI European Property Investment Award for the best performing pan-European balanced fund. The award honours the most successful fund for a three-year period and is based on external valuations and auditors review of accounts.
In March 2021, HECF won the 2021 Pension Real Estate Association (PREA) Real Estate Investment Management ESG award in the Open-End Fund category. The prestigious annual awards recognize PREA members at the forefront of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) matters within real estate investing and provides the industry with associated examples of best practice.